- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Regular Mayonnaise Recipe
|Dry mustard powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 163 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g10%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 480.7 mg20%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.82 g3.3%
Sugars 15.8 g
Protein 8 g15.2%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 0.25%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a mixer bowl and place all the ingredients except oil in it.
2) Process continuously for 10 minutes .
3) Open the lid and scrape off ingredients from the sides with a rubber spatula.
4) Place cover on and process again on medium speed.
5) Add the oil gradually in a slow steady trickle through the shute of the lid while the mixer keeps running.
6) Take care to pour the oil very slowly or else the mayonnaise will not be thick in consistency.
7) Continue until the mixture emulsifies and becomes thick.
8) Take an airtight container and put the mixture into it with the help of a rubber spatula.
9) Place in Refrigerator.
10) Use as required until 2 to 3 weeks.
Remove mayonnaise from the mixer if it curdles.
Add an egg to the mixer bowl and process for 10 minutes.
Reduce speed and pour the mayonnaise in very slowly.