- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Prawn Savory Recipe
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , deseeded and chopped finely|
|Small prawns||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Celery stalks||1 , chopped|
|Corn flour||2 Tablespoon (Cornstarch)|
|Canned tomatoes with juice||14 Ounce, roughly chopped (387 Gram)|
|Mixed herbs||1 Pinch|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 806 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.5%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g78.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 618.9 mg
Sodium 2247.3 mg93.6%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.2%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g50.2%
Sugars 33.1 g
Protein 61 g121.3%
Vitamin A 64.3% Vitamin C 312%
Calcium 18.5% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, combine onion, pepper, celery and butter and mix well.
2) Cook the contents for about 3 minutes (cover the dish).
3) Add corn flour and stir it in well along with tomatoes, sugar, herbs and seasonings.
4) Cover the dish and cook for about 4 minutes.
5) Add prawns and cook for another 3 minutes (cover the dish).
6) Add seasoning, if required and keep the dish aside for 5 minutes.
7) This prawn savory is best served with hot rice.