- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Pasta Fagioli Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|White beans/1 cup dried white beans, soaked overnight and simmered an hour until done||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Short pasta/Any broken pasta||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Like Elbow Macaroni)|
|Onion||1 , grated|
|Carrot||1 Small, grated|
|Ground turkey||1⁄2 Pound (25 Gram)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (1 Handful)|
|Water/Bean water / stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
Calories 481 Calories from Fat 119
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.6%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.6%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 44.8 mg
Sodium 176.2 mg7.3%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 13.1 g52.4%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 30 g59.1%
Vitamin A 50.2% Vitamin C 15%
Calcium 21.7% Iron 52.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grate the vegetables according to the requirement.
2) In a large saucepan, add oil to heat up for browning the ground meat.
3) Add freshly ground black pepper and mix thoroughly.
4) Stir in grated onion and carrot, bay leaf, oregano, beans, pasta and 1 cup of bean water to the ground meat.
5) Cover the pan with a lid and cook the meat and pasta for 15-20 minutes until they are well cooked.
6) You may add more stock, if you prefer soupy consistency.
7) Season with salt.
8) Garnish with grated parmesan cheese to serve.