- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Instant Oats Dosa Recipe Video
|For the batter mix powder|
|Oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Old fashioned rolled oats works best)|
|Urad dal||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Ratio of 2:1-Oats:Urad dal)|
|For the batter|
|Water||4⁄5 Cup (12.8 tbs) (For 1/4 Cup of ground powder)|
|For frying the dosas|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (If desired to drizzle or spray over the dosa) (Optional)|
Calories 182 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.7%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 102.1 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 6 g11.8%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 7.1% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Dry mixer
1. In a clean and dry mixer, combine the urad dal and oats. Grind to a fine powder.
2. Transfer the powder into an airtight container. This may be stored for weeks just like any other flour.
3. When you are ready to make the dosas, take a little portion (1/4 cup) into a bowl, add salt and gradulally add water (3/4 cup), a little at a time mixing continuously.
4. Mix the batter vigorously to ensure a lump free batter with a consistency that of a regular dosa batter.
5. Heat a griddle until fumy and make dosa as shown in the video,spray with oil and flip if desired.
6. Serve with your choice of condiment.
The batter if left for a long period tends to get thicker. Adjust by adding more water and salt .