- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mediterranean Pasta Salad Recipe Video
|Whole wheat pasta||1⁄2 Pound|
|Sundried tomato||5 , soaked in hot water|
|Olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), seeded, chopped|
|Artichoke hearts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Green onion||3 , chopped finely|
|For the dressing|
|Lemon juice||5 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 221 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16.1%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 211.2 mg8.8%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g21.9%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 6 g11.4%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 49.6%
Calcium 3% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the pasta in a pot of water according to the instructions on the package. Once done, drain into a colander, rinse in cold water and set aside to cool.
2. In a bowl of hot water soak the sundried tomatoes for around 10 minutes. Remove, squeeze them to drain off the water and chop. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl add lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt. Mix well till combined.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add pasta, olives, sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, red bell pepper, green onions and parsley. Pour the dressing over it and mix well till everything is coated.
5. In a serving plate, serve the pasta salad fresh.
Vegetables can be replaced as desired to cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, fresh basil, mint leaves, garlic etc.
This can be stored in air tight containers for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.