- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Kasha Cholent Recipe
|Dried lima beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Kosher salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Kasha||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 645 Calories from Fat 361
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.5%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 153.2 mg
Sodium 1105.6 mg46.1%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 40 g80.7%
Vitamin A 7.4% Vitamin C 12.7%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a bowl and place beans in it. Add water and soak for about 12 hours or more.
2) Take a skillet and heat fat in it. Add meat and cook until brown.
3) Add pepper, salt, garlic powder, paprika, beans and water.
4) Cover loosely and cook the mixture over low heat for about 2 hours.
5) Add kasha and stir in little more water, if required.
6) Cook for another 1/2 hour or until beans and meat become tender.
7) Slice meat and serve with kasha and beans.