- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Hot Rolls Recipe
|Cake yeast||2 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unbleached flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
Calories 638 Calories from Fat 289
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.2%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.3 mg
Sodium 688.8 mg28.7%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.6%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 13 g25.8%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 0.03%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 24.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water.
2. In a saucepan, heat milk to lukewarm and add oil, honey, salt and stir well.
3. In a large basin, combine whole-wheat flour, yeast, milk and eggs.
4. Beat well until well blended.
5. Cover basin and place in warm place for 15 minutes.
6. Punch down to knock out air and add remaining flour, kneading to make a stiff but soft and pliable dough.
7. Pat out dough into a 12-inch square and cut into 2-inch squares.
8. Place dough squares on a greased baking sheet.
9. Cover and let dough rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
10. Preheat an oven to 425°F
11. Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven for 12 minutes until the bread is golden brown.
12. Remove from oven and allow cooling for 10 minutes.
11. Serve rolls for breakfast or at lunch or dinner.