- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||1 Pinch|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1580 Calories from Fat 1498
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 170 g261.4%
Saturated Fat 101.1 g505.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1497.6 mg
Sodium 318.9 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.2 g0.81%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 16 g31.8%
Vitamin A 116% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small saucepan, add butter and place pan on a low flame.
2. Melt slowly, until the solids separate and surface.
3. Skim off scum carefully, using a spoon.
4. In a warmer food processor bowl, add egg yolks, lemon juice, water and a pinch of salt and white pepper.
5. Blend at moderate speed until well mixed and creamy.
6. Through the food chute, pour the butter in a very thin but steady stream. Dot not add it all at once.
7. Blend until all the butter has been incorporated to form a thick creamy and smooth sauce.
8. If it remains too runny, empty into top bowl of double boiler and cook until it thickens.
9. If the sauce is too thick, adjust the consistency by adding a tablespoon or more of boiling water and blending until smooth.
10. Taste and adjust seasoning.
11. Serve the sauce warm.