- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corn and Black Bean Salsa-Appetizers Recipe Video
|Canned corn||14 Ounce, drained|
|Canned black beans||14 Ounce, drained|
|Canned diced tomatoes||14 Ounce, drained|
|Onion and peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced (frozen)|
|Italian dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lime/Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (Optional)|
Calories 222 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.8%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 851.2 mg35.5%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.1%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 7 g13.7%
Vitamin A 25.2% Vitamin C 15.4%
Calcium 11.5% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Put a zip lock plastic bag over a bag holder.
2. In the bag, put in corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, Italian dressing, onions and pepper, lime juice, chilli powder and cilantro if using.
3. Pull the bag from the holder, seal partly and remove the air.
4. Seal the bag completely and turn it around to mix.
5. In a serving bowl, transfer the salsa and sprinkled with some cilantro and serve with chips.