- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick & Easy Spicy Chicken Stir Fry with Lemon Grass Recipe Video
|Lemon grass||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Chicken breast||300 Gram|
|Fish sauce||6 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Corn flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Spring onion/Chives scallion||1 Tablespoon, chopped (only the green part)|
|Coriander||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
Calories 352 Calories from Fat 21
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.6%
Saturated Fat 0.58 g2.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87 mg
Sodium 4070 mg169.6%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.1%
Sugars 23.3 g
Protein 40 g79.5%
Vitamin A 55.6% Vitamin C 217.4%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 21.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Finely chop your garlic, chilly, onion and capsicum.
2. Blend the lemon grass in the food processor
3. Place your raw chicken in a dish.
4. Add the lemon grass, garlic and chillies.
5. Then add Fish sauce,salt and pepper for the chicken to marinate in all the spices.
6. Mix it together real well and let it sit for 30 minutes so as to soak in all the juices.
7. Heat a pan on medium heat, add sugar and wait until it turns brown.
8. As soon as the sugar starts to caramelize, add the chicken to the pan and fry for 5-7 minutes.
9. Now add the onions, capsicum and cook for ten minutes.
10. Add the water and turn the heat to high until it starts boiling.
11. Add some more salt and fish sauce.
12. Now to thicken the gravy add corn flour with water and bring to a boil and turn of the heat.
13. Sprinkle some coriander and spring onions before serving with a bowl of rice.