- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Vegetable Quiche Recipe Video
|Eggs||2 Large, lightly beaten|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded, divided|
|Mixed vegetables||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced (red, orange green and yellow bell peppers, mushrooms and onion)|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt & pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 543 Calories from Fat 303
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.3%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 147.6 mg
Sodium 725.5 mg30.2%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 17 g33.4%
Vitamin A 25.4% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 33.6% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a saute pan, heat oil and add the vegetables. Stir fry them for 2 minute son high until soft. Stir in the flour, mix well and cook that for another minute. Once done, set it aside to cool.
3. In a bowl with the scrambled eggs, add milk and whisk well until combined. Add the cooled sauteed vegetables, salt, pepper and cheddar cheese. Mix until well combined.
4. Take the pie shell, sprinkle it with little cheese at the bottom and pour the egg-milk mixture evenly over the cheese. Top it with tomatoes and some more cheese.
5. Bake it in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Serve the quiche hot sliced in desired pieces.