- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Making Fresh Eggrolls Recipe Video
|For the egg roll|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Egg roll wrapper||4|
|Ground pork||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Shrimp||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Bok choy leaves||2 Tablespoon, cut into strips|
|Scallions||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|For the duck sauce|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Apple sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Crushed pineapple||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 350 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.8%
Saturated Fat 4 g20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71.8 mg
Sodium 178.5 mg7.4%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 16.6 g
Protein 15 g29.1%
Vitamin A 17.7% Vitamin C 27.2%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
For The Filling
1. In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil on high. Add pork and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes or till the garlic is fragrant.
2. Put shrimp, bok choy and scallions. Saute for a few minutes. Turn off the heat.
For The Rolls
3. Take an egg roll wrapper. Put 1 tablespoon filling in the center from one corner to the other. Wet the edges with water.
4. Fold the 2 corners facing the filling. Then fold the third corner over the filling and roll it into a cigar shaped roll. Repeat this with all the filling.
5. Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Place the rolls carefully and fry on both sides till golden brown. Transfer on a rack to drain off excess oil.
For The Duck Sauce
6. In a bowl, add brown sugar, apple sauce, crushed pine apple and wine vinegar. Mix well till combined.
7. In a serving plate, serve the egg rolls with the duck sauce.