- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick & Easy Marmalade Recipe Video
|Oranges||1 Kilogram (Clementines/Tangerines/Mandarins Etc)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4329 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.2%
Saturated Fat 0.25 g1.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0 mg
Total Carbohydrates 1115 g371.7%
Dietary Fiber 24 g96%
Sugars 1090.5 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A 45% Vitamin C 750%
Calcium 44% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clean the oranges well. You can either scrub them with a nail-brush, or rub them well with your hands in hot water.
2. Pick out one or two oranges which have the best skin, peel them and and set the peel aside.
3. Chop the rest of the oranges (and the peeled ones) finely and transfer to your Food Processor and blend for several minutes until a smooth pulp – don’t worry too much if there are still lumps inside.
4. While the oranges are being mixed, take the peel you set aside earlier and chop very finely.
5. Heat a saucepan on a high heat and then transfer the orange pulp and peel to the pan. 6. Use the 0.8 liters of water to rinse out the food processor bowl, and then pour the water into the orange pulp. Cover and boil for 20 minutes.
7. Uncover the mix and pour the sugar into the marmalade bit by bit, stirring well while doing so. Once all the sugar has been added, leave uncovered and boil vigorously for ~15 minutes.
8. While the marmalade is boiling, place a plate into the freezer. Wash out 2 or 3 canning jars thoroughly and place upside down into an oven around 160 degrees Celsius for around 15 minutes.
9. When the marmalade has boiled for around 20 minutes, remove the plate from the freezer – spoon some marmalade onto the plate. Tilt the plate a little to allow the marmalade to touch the cool plate and using a small spoon, part the marmalade to see if it’s setting or not. If not then just boil it for longer. When it’s ready, take out the canning jars and spoon the marmalade immediately into the jars. Fit the rubber seals (if they’re that type of jar) and then seal up. Allow to cool before storing away (or eating)!
10. Serve the dish in a serving bowl.