- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Cooked Asparagus Recipe
|Asparagus spears||3 1⁄2 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chinese rice wine||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cornflour||1 Teaspoon, blended with water|
|Yunnan ham||1 Tablespoon, shredded|
Calories 136 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.1%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.9 mg
Sodium 229.8 mg9.6%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.13 g0.51%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 2 g4.4%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 0.93%
Calcium 0.9% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim off the hard ends of asparagus and dry the spears.
2) In a wok, deep fry the asparagus for 15 seconds and set it aside.
3) Discard all the oil.
4) In a wok, add sugar, water, and salt to boil.
5) Add the asparagus to blanch it for 15 seconds. It may take longer in case of asparagus spears.
6) Pour off the water and add stock, wine and sesame oil.
7) Let it boil and then add corn flour to thicken.
8) Garnish it with ham and serve.