- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Collard Greens Recipe Video
|Collard greens||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped finely|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 159 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.5%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 171.5 mg7.1%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.8%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 2 g3.4%
Vitamin A 66.7% Vitamin C 33.3%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash greens well and pat dry with paper towel, remove any tough stems.
2. Pile greens and cut into thin strips cross wise, and keep it aside.
3. Chop the garlic, In large sauté pan heat oil and garlic, add greens. Toss gently to be sure all greens are coated.
4. Add water if dry, cover and cook for 3 minutes. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve the collard greens as a side along with your roast.