- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nutmeg Flavored Chicken A La King Recipe
|Chicken livers||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Butter||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Brandy/Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1118 Calories from Fat 909
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 103 g158.8%
Saturated Fat 62 g309.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 1026.3 mg
Sodium 561.7 mg23.4%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g1.6%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 39 g79%
Vitamin A 559.2% Vitamin C 68%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 115.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim chicken livers and keep aside.
2) In a saucepan melt half the butter. Add chicken livers, cover and lightly fry for 5 minutes.
3) Take off the pan from heat.
4) Pass livers and juices through mincer or blend in an electric blender.
5) Stir in brandy or sherry.
6) In a mixing basin cream remaining butter.
7) Mix the liver mixture and beat to blend.
8) Add salt, freshly milled pepper and little grated nutmeg.
9) Fill the mixture into a small covered dish and chill.
10) Serve as a spread on canapes or cocktail biscuits.
11) Alternately pass with hot toast and butter.