- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Cassoulet Recipe
|Condensed creamy onion soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned white beans||16 Ounce, rinsed and drained (1 Can, Small Sized)|
|Kielbasa||3⁄4 Pound, cut into 1/2-inch slices|
|Potatoes||3⁄4 Pound, peeled and quartered (4 Small Sized)|
|Carrots||3 Medium, cut into 1/2-inch pieces to make 1 cup|
|Fresh thyme leaves/1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, snipped|
|Fresh thyme sprigs/Fresh parsley sprigs||2 (For Garnish)|
Calories 522 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.9%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.7 mg
Sodium 1814.9 mg75.6%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.5%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 24 g48.8%
Vitamin A 162.6% Vitamin C 67.5%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 35.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large, casserole or stock pot, combine all the ingredients.
2. Set the casserole on a medium high flame and heat to boiling, stirring frequently.
3. Once the liquid comes to a boil, reduce the heat and cover the casserole with a lit.
4. Simmer the sausages and vegetables for 25 minutes until they are tender. Stir once in a while to prevent them from sticking to the pan.
5. Remove and discard the bayleaf.
6. Turn the Quick Cassoulet into a serving casserole or ladle into soup plates.
7. Serve hot, garnished with thyme and accompany with crusty bread.