- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Cassoulet Recipe
|Turkey sausage||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1 Can)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned navy beans||56 Ounce, drained rinsed|
|Turkey breast||3 Ounce, smoked|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 1024 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 31.7 mg
Sodium 307 mg12.8%
Total Carbohydrates 171 g57.1%
Dietary Fiber 65.8 g263.1%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 70 g139.6%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 17.4%
Calcium 43.2% Iron 91.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Place a large non-stick frying pan over moderate heat and brown the sausage.
3) Transfer the cooked sausage to a cutting board and slice it into ½-inch pieces.
4) Put the meat back in the pan and add the apples, onions and 2 tablespoons of stock.
5) Saute for about 5 minutes, till the apples and onions are tender.
6) Add the remaining stock and the tomato paste. Stir well.
7) Put the mixture in a large bowl and add the turkey, beans, pepper and thyme. Mix well.
8) Use non-stick spray to coat a 3-quart casserole.
9) Put the bean mixture in the casserole.
10) Mix together the parsley, breadcrumbs and oil in a small bowl. Mix till the oil is well distributed.
11) Sprinkle the mixture all over the bean mixture in the casserole.
12) Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
13) Serve hot.