- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Buckwheat Cakes Recipe
|Buckwheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 142 Calories from Fat 25
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.3%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.6 mg1.9%
Sodium 636.1 mg26.5%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 6 g11.6%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 30.7% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing bowl, sift together buckwheat flour, baking powder and salt
2. Stir in milk and whisk lightly to form a smooth batter .
3. Heat, a well greased griddle
4. When the griddle is hot, drop batter using a serving spoon, 2-3 inches apart to make desired size pancakes.
5. Cook until bubbly, then flip over using a metal spatula and brown on the other side, 3-4 minutes.
6. Stack buckwheat cakes on a plate.
7. Serve them hot with pure maple syrup and country sausage to make a wholesome breakfast on a winter day.