- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Braised Pork Loin Recipe
|Pork center loin chops||16 Ounce (4 Pieces, 4 Ounce Or 113 Gram Each)|
|Boneless center cut loin pork chops||16 Ounce (4 Pieces, 4 Ounce Or 113 Gram Each)|
|Extra light olive oil||1 Teaspoon, with a dash of sesame oil|
|Extra light olive oil||1 Teaspoon, mixed with a dash of sesame oil, 5 milliliter|
|Sesame oil||5 Milliliter (A Dash To Blend With Olive Oil)|
|Sesame oil||1 Dash, mixed with olive oil|
|Dry white wine||236 Milliliter, de alcoholized (1 Cup)|
|Dry white wine||236 Milliliter, de-alcoholized (1 Cup)|
|Chicken stock||236 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Carrots||8 Ounce, cut into matchsticks (227 Gram)|
|Fresh mushrooms||8 Medium, cut into quarters|
|Fresh chopped thyme||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1⁄8 Teaspoon (Use Freshly Ground)|
|Salt||1⁄8 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Shredded orange zest||2 Teaspoon|
|Penne pasta||4 Ounce (113 Gram)|
|Green beans||8 Ounce (227 Gram)|
|Arrowroot||15 Milliliter, mixed with 2 tablespoons de-alcoholized dry white wine (30 ml) (1 Tablespoon)|
|Arrowroot||15 Milliliter, mixed with 2 tablespoons de-alcoholized dry white wine 30 milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Dry white wine||30 Milliliter, de-alcoholized (2 Tablespoon For Mixing With Arrowroot)|
|Dry white wine||30 Milliliter, de alcoholized (2 Tablespoon)|
|Minced fresh thyme||2 Tablespoon (Or Use As Required For The Garnish)|
|Fresh thyme||1 Tablespoon, minced (For Garnish, Use As Required)|
Calories 462 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.2%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 257.1 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.7%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 32 g63.9%
Vitamin A 199.3% Vitamin C 39.5%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 20.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Set the oven temperature to 400°F (205°C) before baking.
2) Follow package instructions to cook penne and drain and set aside.
3) With a paper towel dab the meat to remove the surface moisture.
4) Apply oil evenly over the bottom of a large skillet over medium-high heat and sautÃ© chops in it for 2 minutes on each side until browned.
5) Transfer them to a plate when done.
6) Using a paper towel, blot the pan to remove excess fat and then deglaze it with wine and chicken stock, scraping until the entire dark brown residue has been mixed into the liquid.
7) Place the pork back to the liquid (the liquid should come about halfway up the pork chops), and then stir in carrots and mushrooms, trying as much as possible to submerge them in the liquid.
8) Add in thyme, pepper, salt and orange zest and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
9) Bake the mixture, covered in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
10) In the meantime, start steaming the green beans on the stovetop.
11) Take off the pork from oven and remove the green beans from the heat.
12) To a plate, transfer the pork and cover to keep warm.
13) Place the skillet with the liquid and carrots and mushrooms back to the stovetop and allow it to come to a boil, for the sauce.
14) Take it off from heat and then mix in arrowroot slurry made with the de-alcoholized wine splash.
15) Place it again back to heat, stirring until thickened.
16) Mix in pork, green beans and pasta and cook until just heated through.
17) Take 4 dinner plates and divide the pork, pasta and vegetables among them.
18) Top with any sauce remaining in the pan and garnish with a whisper of minced thyme.