- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Beef Soup Recipe
|Lean ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Beef bouillon cubes||6|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Orzo pasta||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Frozen peas carrots and corn vegetable blend||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 344 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.1%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.3 mg
Sodium 1178.5 mg49.1%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.7%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 30 g60.9%
Vitamin A 132.5% Vitamin C 35.7%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 26.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Set a large saucepan to medium-high heat cook beef, onion and garlic such that beef is brown, stirring to separate the beef and then drain the fat.
2. In a blender or food processor process tomatoes with juice such that smooth.
3. Add tomatoes, water, bouillon cubes and pepper to beef mixture and bring it to a boil.
4. Lower heat to low, simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
5. Simmer for more 15 minutes after adding orzo and vegetables.
6. Serve with French bread, if desired.