- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Gingerbread Cookies Recipe Video
|For gingerbread cookies|
|Vegan buttery spread||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Earth Balance Buttery spread)|
|Maple syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Unbleached flour/Rice flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Vegan buttery spread/Earth balance buttery spread||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegan shortening||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (1 to 1 ½ cup)|
Calories 1119 Calories from Fat 344
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.6%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g42.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 781.2 mg32.6%
Total Carbohydrates 183 g60.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 90.8 g
Protein 11 g21.3%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 41.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In mixing bowl, add in Earth Balance, maple syrup, molasses and vinegar. Mix it all together.
3. In separate mixing bowl, add baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, all spice, cloves, baking soda and 2 ½ cup of flour. Whisk it all together.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix it all together until it forms a dough ball. Stir in ¼ cups of flour.
5. Transfer to a plastic bag and place in refrigerator.
6. Meanwhile prepare the icing, in a mixing bowl, add in the Earth Balance, shortening and vanilla extract. Mix it together.
7. Add ½ cup confectioners’ sugar and mix in. keep adding sugar until you get a stiff consistency. Set aside.
8. Remove the dough from refrigerator and place on parchment paper. Roll it out with rolling pin, about 1/4" thick.
9. Use cookie cutters to shape your cookies. Place them on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Put in oven and let bake for 5 min.
10. Remove from oven and let them cool off.
11. Place icing in frosting bag. Squeeze icing on to cookie and decorate to your liking.
12. Serve cookies with coffee or tea.