- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana Bread - National Banana Bread Day Recipe Video
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Large, beaten|
|Mashed bananas||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs) (5 or 6 ripe bananas used)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
Calories 370 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.9%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.1 mg27.7%
Sodium 251.2 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.1%
Sugars 18.9 g
Protein 5 g9.8%
Vitamin A 8.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.5% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. A standard loaf pan
1. Take a standard loaf pan and grease it with some butter and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
3. In a mixing bowl, add flour, baking soda, and salt. Combine these together and set the bowl aside.
4. In the mixer beat together butter and brown sugar until well blended.
5. Into the bowl of the butter mixture add two large beaten eggs. Also add about 5 or 6 ripe bananas mashed.
6. Set the mixer to a low and gradually add the flour mixer which was set aside in the beginning. Let the mixer run till the mix is just combined.
7. Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan evenly and give the pan a tap on the counter top to get rid of any existing air bubbles.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 60 minutes. After 60 minutes poke in a tooth pick and if it comes out clean, the banana bread is done. Let the bread loaf rest for at least 30 minutes before slicing into it.
9. Serve with butter spread on the slices.