- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick and Healthy Stir Fry - How to make Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry- Gluten Free Recipe Video
|Chicken breast boneless skinless||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into bite size pieces|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|For the stock|
|Portabella||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Fresh green beans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon (gluten free)|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
|Onion powder||To Taste|
|Black pepper powder||To Taste|
|For the sauce|
|Vegetable stock||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (retained)|
|Stir fry sauce||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 324 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.5 mg
Sodium 2194.7 mg91.4%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.6%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 26 g51.8%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 12.7%
Calcium 5% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot, add mushrooms, fresh green beans, onions, chicken stock, soy sauce, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper.
2. Put it on medium heat and bring it to boil. Continue to simmer for 15 more minutes or till the vegetables are cooked fully.
3. Turn off the heat and drain the vegetables in a colander. Retain the stock.
4. Season the chicken breast pieces with salt and pepper. Set aside.
5. SAUCE: In the pot, pour the retained stock. Add the cornstarch, black pepper and stir fry sauce.
6. Bring it to boil and simmer till it reaches a sauce consistency.
7. In a frying pan, heat vegetable oil and sesame oil on medium.
8. Add the chicken pieces and stir fry till it is fully cooked.
9. Once the chicken is completely cooked, add the garlic.
10. Increase the heat to medium high and continue to stir fry for another minute or till the garlic is fragrant (do not burn the garlic).
11. Add the simmered vegetables to the pan and the sauce.
12. Stir well to mix all and coat with the sauce. Turn off the heat.
13. In a serving bowl or plate, serve this stir fry hot with noodles or bread or rice.