- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick and Easy Yogurt Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Instant nonfat dry milk granules||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Evaporated skim milk||13 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 723 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.17 g0.27%
Saturated Fat 0.11 g0.56%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.4 mg
Sodium 1032.2 mg43%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.6%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 100 g
Protein 70 g139.1%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 13.9%
Calcium 234.2% Iron 0.09%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In measuring cup, sprinkle gelatin over 1 tablespoon water to soak for 3 minutes, or until it has absorbed the moisture and is translucent.
2) Pour in enough boiling water to the gelatin mixture to measure 1 cup.
3) Add sugar and stir well.
4) Allow the mixture to cool.
5) Preheat oven to 275 °F.
6) In a large mixing bowl, combine nonfat dry milk with 3 cups water.
7) Add 2 cups tepid water, evaporated milk, and the gelatin mixture. Mix well.
8) Next add yogurt and stir well.
9) In a clean jar, pour in the mixture. Loosely cover the lid and place into warm oven by turning it off.
10) Leave the yogurt to set for overnight, or about 8 to 10 hours.
11) Place inside refrigerator to chill once the yogurt is ready.
12) Use yogurt to prepare salad dressings, milk shakes, desserts and other yogurt preparations.