- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick and Easy Sakhar Amba Recipe Video
|Raw mango||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Saffron||2 Pinch (about 7-8 threads)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1280 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.69 g1.1%
Saturated Fat 0.15 g0.73%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5.7 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 331 g110.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 324.2 g
Protein 1 g2.5%
Vitamin A 25.4% Vitamin C 78.8%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel the raw mango and finely grate using the fine holes on the grater.
2. Now mix sugar, cardamom powder and saffron with grated mango, cover and keep for 10 minutes.
3. Place the bowl with the sugared mango mixture in the microwave and cook over high power for 3 minutes.
4. After 3 minutes, give the mixture a good stir and continue to microwave for another 3 minutes. Stir the mixture after 1 ½ minutes or so.
5. Stir again and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes more or until the sugar syrup reaches two thread consistency.
6. Let the Sakhar Amba cool down to room temperature.
7. Store the chutney/jam in a clean glass jar. It lasts for a month at room temperature and up to 6 months in the refrigerator.
8. Serve the Sakhar Amba warm or cold, with theplas, over toast or with parathas. Also makes a good accompaniment to a meal.