- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Once a Week Kitchen - How to Make Pasties for Cheats Recipe Video
|Quick pastry||18 Ounce|
|Canned chunky steak||200 Gram, chopped finely|
|Baby new potatoes||375 Gram, cut into quarters lengthwise and then sliced and chopped|
|Onion||100 Gram, finely chopped|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
Calories 310 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.8%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg
Sodium 134.4 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 12 g24.5%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 15.3%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
3. In a large bowl, place potato, onion and the steak meat. Season with salt and pepper, mix well.
4. On a floured surface, cut the quick pastry into six equal portions.
5. Using a rolling pin, roll of the portions into 8 inch circles, brush the edges with egg.
6. Fill each circle with 1/6th of the prepared mixture, fold into half and pinch the edges together. Make crimps as shown in the video.
7. Place the pastries on the prepared baking sheet and brush with egg.
8. Bake at 400F for about 25 minutes. When half way through, brush again with egg.
9. Serve with your choice of beverage.