- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick and Easy Chicken Stew with Drop Dumplings Recipe Video
|Rotisserie chicken||1 , cooked|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Frozen peas||6 Ounce|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|For drop dumplings|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peanut oil/Oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 348 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.2%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.5 mg
Sodium 1278.3 mg53.3%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 24 g48.8%
Vitamin A 76.9% Vitamin C 21.3%
Calcium 19.2% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Shred the chicken and take out the bones and skin. Set aside the chicken.
2. In a pan add in the water chicken bones and skin; bring to boil and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
3. In another pot add in the butter, carrot and celery. Sauté for few minutes.
4. Add in the flour and brown for few minutes.
5. Stir in thyme and in chicken stock. Stir well.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes on low heat.
7. Remove the scum from the stew.
8. Add in the chicken and peas. Simmer for 5 minutes on low heat.
9. Add in the parsley and mix well.
10. For Drop Dumplings – In a medium bowl add in flour and baking powder, mix well with a spoon.
11. Add in parsley, peanut oil and gradually add the milk. Mix with the spoon.
12. Drop the dumplings into the stew with spoon. Cover the pot and simmer for additional 7 minutes.
13. Garnish Chicken Stew with Drop Dumplings with parsley and serve.