- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Surfin Sapo's Souvlaki Recipe Video
|Sirloin steak||1 Pound, cut into 2-inch cubes|
|Olive oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic clove||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon (Turkish)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 579 Calories from Fat 357
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.2%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g65.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 106.6 mg35.5%
Sodium 1092.8 mg45.5%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 47 g94.6%
Vitamin A 30% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 36.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedGrill
1. Trim excess fat from the meat cubes.
2. Combine the spices, herbs and oil in a non-metallic dish.
3. Toss the meat chunks in this and leave to marinate for as long as possible.
4. Thread the spiced beef chunks onto metal skewers.
5. Grill the meat on a charcoal, gas or electric grill, turning frequently to cook evenly, until the meat is tender and char-grilled about 10 minutes
6. Serve the souvlaki with beans, salad and spicy chili chutney or with rice and cool yogurt cucumber sauce.