- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
iCookTV Episode 3: "Quiche di Como" Recipe Video
|Unbaked tart shells||1|
|Leek||4 , washed, sliced finely|
|Bacon/Pancetta||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (reisling)|
|Ementaller||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Tomatoes||3 , cut in half and sliced|
|Grated parmesan cheese||4 Teaspoon|
|Double cream||600 Milliliter|
|Eggs||5 (free range)|
Calories 1427 Calories from Fat 856
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 115 g177%
Saturated Fat 8 g39.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 296.5 mg
Sodium 666.2 mg27.8%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.6%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 29 g58.3%
Vitamin A 119.1% Vitamin C 75.5%
Calcium 40.7% Iron 40.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 200 F.
2. Unroll the tart shell and place it over the pie tin along with the parchment paper, press it to the bottom of tin to line the tin.
3. Using fork, prick the base of the pie shell randomly and fold the shell sides.
4. Cut of the green leaves of the leek, wash the white part and slice thinly.
5. In a bowl, put all the ingredients for the filling and beat well with a fork until it is light yellow in color.
6. In a non-stick pan, stir fry the bacon until it starts to change its color.
7. Add in the leeks and stir well to mix.
8. Drizzle the white wine and stir well.
9. Cover the pan with a lid and allow to cook for 5 minutes or until the leeks are soft.
10. In a tart shell, spread 1/3 of the cheese in the bottom and put the leek mixture over it and flatten the surface.
11. Sprinkle ½ of the remaining cheese all over the leek mixture.
12. Spread the tomato slices over the cheese and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
13. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
14. Stir and pour the egg mixture over the quiche filling.
15. Bake the quiche in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until it is lightly browned on top.
16. Cut in wedges and serve.