- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quiche Pastry Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortening||6 Tablespoon (1/3 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
|Yellow food coloring||4 Drop|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1251 Calories from Fat 806
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g140.3%
Saturated Fat 22.7 g113.4%
Trans Fat 11.8 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 976.9 mg40.7%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 13 g25.8%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 2.2% Iron 32.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a medium sized bowl and mix the salt and flour.
2) Cut the shortening in with the aid of a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles a coarsely ground meal.
3) Mix some food coloring with water for giving extra color to the pastry.
4) Sprinkle water on the mixture of flour until all the ingredients become moist.
5) Fashion it into a ball.
6) Roll the dough out on a surface that has been lightly floured.
7) Invert a quiche dish measuring 9 ½ inches and measure the rolled out dough against it until it becomes 2 inches bigger.
8) Fit the pastry loosely onto the dish.
9) Trim the sides and fold underneath so that it forms a rim.
10) Flute the pastry.
11) Take a heavy duty plastic wrap and cover the pastry properly.
12) Place dried beans or peas on it.
13) Set Microwave to HIGH after placing the pastry in it.
14) Microwave for 5 ½ -7 minutes or until the pastry turns opaque and the bottom is dry.
15) Serve as required.