- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quiche Lorraine Flavored With Nutmeg Recipe
|Bacon||4 Ounce, diced|
|Gruyere cheese||1 1⁄2 Ounce, grated (40 Grams)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Pint (450 Milliliter)|
|Nutmeg||1 Pinch, grated|
Calories 215 Calories from Fat 143
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.8%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 186.8 mg
Sodium 264.2 mg11%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.03 g0.14%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 13 g25.6%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 22.9% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare and bake pastry shell.
2. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5 oven and heat a baking sheet in it.
3. In a pan, add oil and saute bacon until brown. Drain on paper to remove extra oil.
4. In the prepared shell, add bacon and garnish with grated cheese.
5. In a bowl, whisk eggs lightly and tehn mix in milk.
6. Further, add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste. Use liitle salt as bacon is already salty.
7. Pour custard in the shell.
8. In the oven, bake it on heated baking sheet until browned and set. This will take about 25-30 minutes.
9. Take out the quiche from oven and cool slightly before unmoulding.
10. The filling will shrink a bit upon cooling.
11. It may either be served hot or at room temperature.