- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quiche Lorraine With Unsmoked Bacon Recipe
|Shortcrust pastry||1⁄4 Pound (100 Grams)|
|For the filling|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint (1 1/2 Deciliter)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Lean bacon rashers||4 (Unsmoked)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Grams)|
|Gruyere cheese||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
Calories 235 Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.1%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g48.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 163.4 mg
Sodium 368.4 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.07 g0.27%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 13 g25.9%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 0.49%
Calcium 18.7% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Thaw the pastry if store bought or prepare your favorite pastry recipe.
2. On a lightly floured work table, roll the pastry out into a circle, 1-inch larger than an 8 to 9-inch flan ring or quiche tin.
3. Carefully lift the pastry and use it to line the ring, neatly trimming the edges.
4. Refrigerate or set aside until ready to make the quiche.
5. Trim the bacon rashers and thinly slice into strips.
6. Slice the cheese into thin strips.
7. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C or Gas No. 5)
8. In a frying pan, melt the butter.
9. When hot, add the bacon strips and brown until crisp.
10. Remove and drain on paper toweling.
11. In a bowl, combine the eggs, cream, and seasonings.
12. Whisk lightly with a fork until well blended.
13. In the prepared quiche shell, layer the fried bacon strips on the bottom.
14. Top with slices of Gruyere cheese.
15. Pour the egg custard on top.
16. Place the quiche on a baking sheet and then place on the middle level of the preheated oven.
17. Bake slowly for 40-45 minutes until the filling is set and lightly browned at the top.
18. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
19. Remove quiche from flan ring onto a serving platter.
20. Cut into equal sized wedges
21. Serve the quiche warm, accompanied by a salad on the side.