- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quiche Lorraine Recipe
|Pastry||1 (For One-Crust Nine-Inch Pie)|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Gruyere cheese/Swiss cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Eggs||4 , lightly beaten|
|Heavy cream/1 cup each milk and cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3058 Calories from Fat 2425
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 275 g422.8%
Saturated Fat 154.1 g770.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1684.2 mg
Sodium 2881.4 mg120.1%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g21%
Sugars 18.9 g
Protein 96 g191.3%
Vitamin A 188.8% Vitamin C 22.6%
Calcium 215% Iron 27.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2) In a 9 inch pie plate, line the pastry and bake for 5 minutes.
3) In a skillet, saute the bacon until crisp, then remove the bacon and drain off the fat, retaining 1 tablespoon fat in the skillet.
4) Saute the onion in the 1 tablespoon skillet fat until transparent.
5) Crumble and evenly spread the bacon, onion and cheeses inside the partially baked pastry shell.
6) Mix the nutmeg, eggs, cream, salt and pepper, then strain the mixture over the onion-cheese mixture.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
8) Lower the oven temperature to 350° F and bake for further 10 minutes.
9) Slice and serve immediately as an appetizer or main course.