- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quiche Dijon Recipe
|9 inch baked pie shell||1|
|Diced red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced green bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Half and half||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated swiss cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 389 Calories from Fat 244
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.9%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g68.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 189.6 mg
Sodium 456.2 mg19%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.34 g1.4%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 14 g27.2%
Vitamin A 16.5% Vitamin C 21.7%
Calcium 37.3% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 325°F.
2) Arrange bacon between layers of paper towels on roasting rack.
3) Place this on carousel and microwave for 4 to 5 minutes at Power Hi.
4) Let cool and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
5) Microwave a mixture of butter and diced peppers in a 1-cup glass measure for 2 to 3 minutes at Power Hi.
6) Take a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat half and half, eggs, mustard, salt and pepper with a wire whisk to blend.
7) Layer bacon, Swiss cheese and peppers in the bottom of the pre-baked pie shell and then pour the egg mixture.
8) Place this pie shell with wire rack in place on carousel.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes until custard is set.
10) Serve warm.