- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
June the Homemaker - Quiche Edition Recipe Video
|Pastry crust||1 , unbaked|
|Broccoli||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut in florets|
|Spinach||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄3 Medium, chopped finely|
|Tomatoes||2 , diced|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
Calories 308 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.8%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 257.5 mg
Sodium 326.2 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 14 g28.9%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C 24.8%
Calcium 17.4% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare single pastry crust and place all the vegetables except tomatoes, inside it.
3. In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add milk and combine well. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Add 3/4 cup shredded cheese to it.
4. Pour the egg mixture in the pie crust on top of all the vegetables. Stir the mixture lightly, so that the vegetables are distributed properly. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
5. Secure the pastry crust edge with aluminum foil to avoid browning off. Place the pastry crust on a baking pan. Put the pan in the central rack of your oven and bake the quiche for 45-60 minutes until the top is nicely browned.
6. Garnish the quiche with diced tomatoes and serve.