- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quesadilla Cups with Nectarine Salsa Recipe Video
|Chihuahua cheese/Monterey jack cheese||4 Ounce|
|Flour tortillas||3 Medium|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Ripe nectarine||1 Medium|
|Roasted red peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained and patted dry|
|Serrano pepper||1 Medium, seeded|
|Red onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 83 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.3%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.9 mg
Sodium 338.3 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.57 g2.3%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 3 g5.9%
Vitamin A 14.2% Vitamin C 14.9%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2) Cut cheese into twenty-four cubes.
3) Brush both sides of tortillas with oil. Stack and cut into eight wedges, total of 24 wedges.
4) For salsa, dice nectarines, roasted pepper, finely chop serrano pepper, onion and cilantro.
5) In a bowl combine nectarine, peppers, onion, cilantro, juice and salt; mix well.
6) Press tortillas into cups of muffin pan using tart Shaper.
7) Place one cheese cube into each cup. Bake 5-7 minutes or until edges of tortillas begin to brown and cheese is melted.
8) Take out cups from oven and let it cool for 2-3 minutes.
9) Carefully remove cups from pan to serving platter.
10) Divide salsa evenly among cups.
11) Sprinkle cups with additional finely chopped cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately.
Be sure to choose a firm, ripe nectarine for this recipe. They are easier to dice and will prevent the salsa from becoming watery.