- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quenelles In Shrimp Sauce Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||18 Tablespoon (1 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoon)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Pike fillets/Sole fillet||3⁄4 Pound, cut in to chunks|
|Pepper white||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shrimp sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3674 Calories from Fat 2169
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 246 g378.9%
Saturated Fat 148 g740%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1237.6 mg
Sodium 983.6 mg41%
Total Carbohydrates 154 g51.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.1%
Sugars 20.5 g
Protein 128 g256.9%
Vitamin A 182.7% Vitamin C 124.3%
Calcium 49.8% Iron 71.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In small bowl, beat eggs. In blender or food processor with knife blade attached, blend half the fish chunks with half the melted butter and half the beaten eggs until smooth, scraping sides of container as needed. Spoon mixture into large bowl. Repeat with remaining fish chunks, butter, and eggs.
3. With mixer at low speed, beat fish mixture, cooked flour-milk mixture, pepper, nutmeg, and 1 teaspoon salt until smooth. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight, until firm.
4. About 1 1/2 hours before serving, in 5-quart: Dutch oven over high heat, heat water, wine, bay leaf, and 2 teaspoons salt to boiling. Reduce heat to very low.
5. Using 2 large tablespoons, shape fish mixture into ovals, making 16 quenelles in all; occasionally dip spoons in simmering liquid for easier shaping. Gently drop shaped quenelles as each is made into hot liquid in Dutch oven. Cook, uncovered, 15 minutes or until quenelles float and roll over easily. With slotted spoon, remove quenelles to drain on paper towels as they are done. Arrange quenelles in 13" by 9" baking dish.
6. Preheat oven to 475°F. Prepare Shrimp Sauce; spoon Shrimp Sauce over quenelles. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until sauce is bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley.