- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Queen Of Puddings Recipe
|Lemon||1⁄2 , grated rind and juice|
|Raspberry jam||2 Tablespoon|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce|
Calories 229 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.3%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98.5 mg32.8%
Sodium 52.4 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.34 g1.4%
Sugars 39.8 g
Protein 5 g9.6%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 9.3%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1.Preheat oven to Regulo 4 or 325°F.
2. Take a 1 pint pie dish and grease it with margarine.
3. In a deep pan, boil the milk; take away from heat and add margarine, sugar, grated lemon rind and breadcrumbs. Let it stand for 15 minutes.
4. In a bowl, beat egg yolks into the bread and milk; transfer it into the greased pie dish.
5. Cook half way down the oven, for 20 to 30 minutes, or until set.
6. Take the dish from oven; spread pudding carefully with jam, then sprinkle with lemon juice.
7. In a bowl, using a hand blender whip up meringue using the egg whites and caster sugar. Pile meringue on top of the pudding. Scatter 1 teaspoon caster sugar over.
8. Lower oven settings to Regulo 1 or 200°F, bake for 1/2 to 1 hour until the meringue is firm to touch and pale fawn on the points.
9. Make slices and serve with Raspberry jam.