- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Queen Of Puddings Recipe
|White bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Tablespoon (of 1/2 lemon)|
|Castor sugar||3 Ounce|
|Red jam||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
Calories 341 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.4%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 127 mg
Sodium 162.6 mg6.8%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.77 g3.1%
Sugars 47.4 g
Protein 6 g12.7%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 355°F.
2. In a mixing basin, measure the required amounts of breadcrumbs, grated lemon rind, butter and half the sugar.
3. In a basin, boil milk over medium heat and then add the mixture in the milk. Soak the ingredients for 10 minutes.
4. In a 1/2-1 pint baking dish, line butter and add the egg yolk.
5. Place the dish in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until set firm. Test in the centre.
6. Remove from the heat and spread the surface with lightly warm jam.
7. Whish and stiff the egg white and add the remaining sugar. Whisk again.
8. Fold the sugar using a metal spoon and add over the pudding.
9. Place in the preheated oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Serve the dish hot or chilled coupled with fresh cream.