- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Queen Cakes Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||4 Ounce, softened (100 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Double cream||22 Milliliter (1 1/2 Tablespoon)|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Eggs||2 Medium, beaten|
|Plain flour||8 Ounce, sifted (225 Gram)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Currants||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Milk||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2408 Calories from Fat 1020
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 116 g178.1%
Saturated Fat 62.2 g310.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 617.5 mg
Sodium 340.2 mg14.2%
Total Carbohydrates 314 g104.6%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.4%
Sugars 123.6 g
Protein 28 g55.9%
Vitamin A 66.6% Vitamin C 80%
Calcium 33.6% Iron 21.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Let the oven heat to 375°F (190°C/Gas 5).
2. In bun tins place 18 paper cases.
3. Cream the fat and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Put in the cream and lemon juice and beat thoroughly.
5. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
6. Put in the flour, baking powder, currants and a little milk and beat well.
7. Into the paper cases spoon the mixture letting it bake for 20—25 minutes until golden.
8. Take out of the oven and leave in the tins to cool.