- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quebec Vegetable Soup Recipe
|Beef shoulder/Beef brisket||2 Pound|
|Beef bone/Roast beef bone||1 (Meatless)|
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Parsnip||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Onions||3 Large, sliced very fine|
|Celery stalk with leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped fine|
|Leek||1 Large, sliced thin|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Coarse salt||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomatoes||20 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Whole barley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2323 Calories from Fat 527
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.4%
Saturated Fat 25.2 g126.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 360 mg
Sodium 13804 mg575.2%
Total Carbohydrates 276 g92%
Dietary Fiber 57.5 g230.1%
Sugars 79.9 g
Protein 187 g373.8%
Vitamin A 1015.3% Vitamin C 295.4%
Calcium 85.9% Iron 160.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a soup kettle, add all the ingredients.
2) Place the soup kettle over heat and bring the liquid to a boil.
3) Cover with a lid and reduce heat to low. Let it simmer for another 4 hours.
4) During the first one hour of cooking, you need to stir for 2-3 times.
5) When the cooking has another 15-20 minutes to complete, add macaroni, spaghetti, vermicelli, noodles or rice to taste.
6) Serve this as Pot-au-feu beef by garnishing with fresh herbs.