- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quebec Soup A La Barbotte Recipe
|Fresh water fish||3 Pound (Use Any, Of Your Choice)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, minced|
|Carrot||1 Large, grated|
|Fresh tomatoes||2 , peeled and sliced|
|Boiling water||2 Quart|
|Vermicelli||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 627 Calories from Fat 239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.1%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 247.4 mg
Sodium 380.5 mg15.9%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 68 g136.2%
Vitamin A 81.6% Vitamin C 36.8%
Calcium 32.6% Iron 33.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the fish into fillets or leave it intact according to your choice after cleaning it.
2) Take a large saucepan and melt butter in it, adding the onion, carrots, tomatoes and olive oil.
3) Simmer it over low heat for 10 minutes after mixing the ingredients thoroughly.
4) Add rosemary, thyme and savory along with the salt and pepper according to taste.
5) The boiling water together with the fish should be added now.
6) Take out the fish with the aid of a skimmer and add vermicelli to the broth.
7) Debone the fish after cutting it into pieces.
8) Put the individual pieces of fish in the soup plates and pour the hot broth over it.
9) Serve it along with a bowl of grated cheese.