- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quadruple Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||2 Ounce|
|Semisweet chocolate square||2 Ounce|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Semisweet chocolate pieces||12 Ounce (1 Package)|
Calories 1536 Calories from Fat 810
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g142.1%
Saturated Fat 56 g279.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 332.4 mg
Sodium 149.8 mg6.2%
Total Carbohydrates 182 g60.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.5%
Sugars 139.5 g
Protein 15 g30.5%
Vitamin A 33% Vitamin C
Calcium 8.3% Iron 40.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Line a 12-muffin mould tray with foil-lined paper cups.
3. In a large bowl, sift flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
4. In a small heavy bottomed saucepan, combine butter, unsweetened chocolate, and semisweet chocolate.
5. Place on a low flame and stir until butter and chocolates have melted to form a smooth velvet sauce.
6. Take pan off the heat and stand for 5 minutes.
7. Stir sugar, eggs, vanilla, and almond extract into chocolate and blend well.
8. Pour chocolate mixture into dry sifted ingredients and stir to get a smooth thick batter.
9. Fold in chocolate pieces.
10. Spoon batter into muffin cups filling only half the cup.
11. Place muffin tray on the middle level of the preheated oven
12. Bake muffins for 12 to 15 minutes spring to touch or until a skewer comes out clean.
13. Remove from oven and invert from muffin tray onto a wire rack.
14. Allow to cool.
15. Serve warm or
16. Frost the muffins to make cupcakes and decorate as desired.