- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Qataieyf - Ramdan Pancakes Recipe Video
|White flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Instant yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), warmed|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crushed|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1086 Calories from Fat 681
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g119.2%
Saturated Fat 14.7 g73.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.4 mg
Sodium 560.1 mg23.3%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 16.7 g
Protein 16 g32.7%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 0.29%
Calcium 56.3% Iron 19.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl mix together all the dry ingredients together.
2. Slowly add in the warm water and continue mixing. Keep adding water to the mix until it reaches a liquid form that is suitable for pouring.
3. Cover the mixture and place in a warm place to allow it to ferment for 20 minutes.
4. In a hot skillet, pour the cakes and cook on one side only until the top forms bubbles that burst and gets dry.
5. Place the cooked cakes on a clean, dry towel and let cool for 10 minutes.
6. For Filling – in a bowl mix together walnuts, sugar and cinnamon. Place white cheese in another bowl.
7. Stuff half pancakes with walnut mixture and half with the white cheese.
8. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the pancakes.
9. Garnish pancakes with sugar syrup and serve for dessert.