- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Puris for Pani Puris or Golgappa Puri or Puchka Puri Recipe - Chaat - Indian Gourmet Food Recipe Video
|Semolina||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fine variety)|
|Urad flour||1 Tablespoon (To make the puris crispy)|
|Club soda||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Aternate option - Mix 1/4 cup water + 1/4 cup baking powder)|
|Oil/Ghee||2 Teaspoon (As required)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
Calories 161 Calories from Fat 75
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g13%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 70.3 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.8%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 4 g7%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.4% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Tortilla maker
2. Sharp edged cutter/mold
3. Roller pin and board
To prepare the dough:
1. In a bowl mix semolina, urad dal and salt.
2. Add club soda and gradually knead to get a tight smooth dough. If more liquid required, then add little water.
3. Wrap the dough with a kitchen towel and pat some water on it. Let it rest wrapped for about 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Take blueberry size portions of the dough and roll out thin small puris or you can take large portions and roll out a large thin puri and cut small rounds using a sharp edged round mold or round shape cutter. (The puris can also be pressed in a tortilla maker if desired).
5. Deep fry the puris in oil heated up to a medium temperature. Do not make them brown in color.
6. Remove them on to a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
7. Serve the puris/golgappas in your favorite chaat.