- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pureed Vegetable Chowder Recipe
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, peeled, cubed|
|Leeks||6 , sliced|
|Bouillon||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Chicken Or Beef)|
|Sour cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 294 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.2%
Saturated Fat 6 g30%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.7 mg
Sodium 1035.5 mg43.1%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33%
Sugars 10.8 g
Protein 8 g15.6%
Vitamin A 85.3% Vitamin C 70.9%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 27.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a slow cooker or crock pot combine vegetables, broth, butter and seasonings. Stir to mix well.
2. Close pot tightly with its lid.
3. Allow the vegetables to cook on HIGH for about 4 hours, or cook on LOW for about 8 hours, if you are preparing the soup for supper.
4. Turn the vegetables and broth into a liquidizer and blend or press through a fine mesh sieve into a smooth thick puree.
5. Return the puree to the pot.
6. Stir in the cream and blend into the puree.
7. Cover pot again and let cook on HIGH for 10 minutes.
8. Ladle the thick chowder into warmed soup bowls or soup plates.
9. Serve the soup hot accompanied with crusty bread.