- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mashed Parsnips Recipe Video
|Parsnips||2 Pound, peeled and chopped into pieces|
|Chicken/Vegetable stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 1275 Calories from Fat 692
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g118.4%
Saturated Fat 25.5 g127.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 430.3 mg
Sodium 427.1 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.8%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 123 g245.7%
Vitamin A 18.4% Vitamin C 25.7%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 29.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a pot and add parsnips to it.
2. Place the pot on heat and top them with stock. Bring the stock to boil and then turn down the heat. Make it really simmer. Allow it to cook for 15-20 minutes or until the parsnips becomes tender.
3. Drain stock from parsnips and put it in a food processer.
4. In the processor add butter, and a pinch of salt. Blend it well.
5. Add heavy cream to bring it to a perfect consistency.
6. Serve Mashed parsnip with chives garnish.
If the puree is too thick you may reserve the cooking liquid and use it to thin parsnips.