- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mashed Parsnips Recipe Video
|Parsnips||2 Pound, peeled and chopped into pieces|
|Chicken/Vegetable stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 3623 Calories from Fat 2269
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 252 g388%
Saturated Fat 80.9 g404.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1195.7 mg398.6%
Sodium 1142.4 mg47.6%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.5%
Sugars 10.9 g
Protein 282 g564.3%
Vitamin A 58.3% Vitamin C 104.3%
Calcium 25.8% Iron 82.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a pot and add parsnips to it.
2. Place the pot on heat and top them with stock. Bring the stock to boil and then turn down the heat. Make it really simmer. Allow it to cook for 15-20 minutes or until the parsnips becomes tender.
3. Drain stock from parsnips and put it in a food processer.
4. In the processor add butter, and a pinch of salt. Blend it well.
5. Add heavy cream to bring it to a perfect consistency.
6. Serve Mashed parsnip with chives garnish.
If the puree is too thick you may reserve the cooking liquid and use it to thin parsnips.