- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Pureed Lentils Recipe
|Dried lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs), washed|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Carrot||1 Medium, chopped|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 227 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.1%
Saturated Fat 0.23 g1.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 61 mg2.5%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 17.7 g70.7%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 14 g28%
Vitamin A 80.7% Vitamin C 25.6%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 27.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 3-quart saucepan, add water, lentils, bay leaves, onion, garlic, carrots, celery, parsley, raisins, chili and cumin powder. Let the broth come to a boil.
2) Once boiling, lower the flame, and cook for about 45 minutes.
3) If the contents start to stick to the pan, add in some boiling water.
4) The lentils are done when they become tender and all the water has evaporated.
5) Remove the bay leaf, allow the mixture to cool a little before adding into a blender.
6) Blend the lentil mixture to a fine puree.
7) Serve the pureed lentils along with steaming rice or serve over corn tortillas.