- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Punk Rock Pickles Recipe Video
|Distilled white vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Soaked in brine and brine discarded)|
|Baby cucumber||3 Pound|
|Fresh dill||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Garlic||15 Clove (75 gm) (3 cloves minced)|
Calories 39 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.3 g0.46%
Saturated Fat 0.06 g0.32%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 23.8 mg1%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.2%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 2 g3.4%
Vitamin A 18.3% Vitamin C 24.4%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot,boil a gallon of water with the kosher salt, sugar and distilled white vinegar thrown in.
2. Wash the cucumbers and cut into wedges.
3. Pack mason jars with pickles.
4. Add a small amount of the dill leaves in each jar.
5. Place about 4 cloves of whole garlic in each jar and a teaspoon of the minced garlic.
6. Pour the boiling solution of sugar, salt and vinegar in each jar up to the brim.
7. Refrigerate overnight.
8. Serve out of the jars as a snack.